Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Movie Night -- Faust (1926)

Since I am not going dancing at the Monte Cristo (yes, a lot of us are mourning the loss of "Our" Place), I spent some time watching Doctor Who fight the Weeping Angels, found some books I need to consolidate (a trip to Iliad Bookstore is in my future) and prepping for the final Electoral Push for October (Viktor, Betty, I will be in your neck of the woods soon!). 

Because I hate dramatics, I move forward, writing in the dark (with the sounds of Dead Can Dance behind me as I write).

Same Director as Nosferatu; Also from Weimar Germany

Here is what you can look forward to this week:

1) Tip jar Gothic Muse on the 1st of course.  (Please donate!)

2) Live-Blogging the POTUS Debate;

3) Election 2012. if Romney wins or loses, the upcoming battle between "Local Yokel" Activists (as is Yours Truly) v. The Sprawl GOP Establishmentarians.  Trust me, I want to be a GOP Establishmentarian, but carrying the songs of LA and Siouxsie and the Banshees as I am interviewed.  One point though: I always support the "Local Yokels," (especially my LA and CA friends);

4) How to Change Washington, DC: Simple, if you know how (I do!); and

5)  October Electoral Map predictions (Post debate) -- why? Because they are fun to ponder.


First a tune, then the movie (same theme):

Charlie Daniels Band, Devil Went Down to Georgia

Now the film, Goethe's Faust (1926)


And here is my question: What Deal would you make with The Devil? 

I'd love to see your answers. More Blogging tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...