I am in the midst of writing a few things (here in the Valley and in Real Time) -- so, since I'm in a Akira Kurosawa mood, allow me to introduce two remakes of Yojimbo.
The first movie is Clint Eastwood in a Fistful of Dollars; This is the beginning of the famous trilogy that leads to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
The second movie stars Bruce Willis in a 1920's Border town following the same route as Eastwood in the above movie. It is called Last Man Standing.
And this week, I will look at a few things:
1) Democrats and Presidential Enemies lists -- IOKIYAD;
2) Drone Warfare -- again, IOKIYAD;
3) The Psychological change of the Right and how Brietbart became Our North Star (Hint: Look at how Bush fils and Palin were/are treated);
4) Modern media, not "Speaking Truth to Power," when a Democrat sits in the Oval Office; and
5) "Up your game!" in Political Arguments -- a "How to" for those who claim Righteousness before ever conceding anything. (A very Liberal trait -- not even Social Conservatives do this to me.)
Now enjoy the double feature. See you tomorrow.
First, a tune:
Styx, Mr. Roboto
A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
Last Man Standing (1996)
And if you're really curious, read this!