Wednesday, September 21, 2011

VNN: Re-do the CAGOP Straw Poll or How Ron Paul Cheats

On the Air from the City of Angels and across the Blogosphere!

Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush. 

"What are you laughing at? To the Victor belong the spoils!" 

On Saturday, I met a guy at Lawry's while I had some Chili.  He had a tattoo on his head and all over his body; he is also a Joe F. and he was interested in the world that is LA GOP Politics (before going to the Merryweather fight next door).  After he told me some of the troubles within East L.A., I told him that in politics is that anybody, I mean anybody, can be involved and help their neighborhood by getting involved.  Republican Politics is about helping the individual against the mammon that is bureaucracy. I hope I helped point in a good direction.

However, every time Ron Paul and his Paulbots show up, it makes my job harder.  Especially when they cheat.

Let's roll back the clock to Saturday. 

The Straw poll is supposed be a truthful measure of what California Republicans are thinking about the announced candidates.

Rep. Paul shows up in the morning before the poll begins.  That's fine.  That's his right, however, I hope at some point the Libertarians within the party pick a young Governor who actually ran his or her state like a Libertarian. 

Unless the Paulbots are like Obamabots or Larouchites or Scientologists and maintain the cult of personality of Ron Paul.  Not healthy..

The Straw poll opened.

And then the cheating started.

First, here are a few reasons why Ron Paul has no standing with me:

1)  First, he attacked President Reagan (by quitting the GOP in 1987):

As a lifelong Republican, it saddens me to have to write this letter.
My parents believed in the Republican Party and its free enterprise,
philosophy, and that's the way I was brought up. At age 21, in 1956, 
I cast my first vote for Ike and the entire Republican slate.


Because of frustration with the direction in which the country was
going, I became a political activist and ran for the U.S. Congress in 1974.
Even with Watergate, my loyalty, optimism, and hope for the future were tied
to the Republican Party and its message of free enterprise, limited
government, and balanced budgets.


Eventually I was elected to the U.S. Congress four times as a
Republican.  This permitted me a first-hand look at the inter workings of the
U.S. Congress, seeing both the benefits and partisan frustrations that guide
its shaky proceedings.  I found that although representative government still
exists, special interest control of the legislative process clearly presents
a danger to our constitutional system of government.


In 1976 I was impressed with Ronald Reagan's program and was one of the
four members of Congress who endorsed his candidacy.  In 1980, unlike other
Republican office holders in Texas, I again supported our President in his
efforts.

Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the
Republican Party's efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. 
Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing
deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt.  How is it that the party
of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated
red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?  Tip O'Neill,
although part of the problem, cannot alone be blamed.
...

Knowing this administration's record, I wasn't surprised by its Libyan
disinformation campaign, Israeli-Iranian arms-for-hostages swap, or illegal
funding of the Contras.  All this has contributed to my disenchantment with
the Republican Party, and helped me make up my mind.

I want to totally disassociate myself from the policies that have given
us unprecedented deficits, massive monetary inflation, indiscriminate
military spending, an irrational and unconstitutional foreign policy, zooming
foreign aid, the exaltation of international banking, and the attack on our
personal liberties and privacy.

After years of trying to work through the Republican Party both in and
out of government, I have reluctantly concluded that my efforts must be
carried on outside the Republican Party.  Republicans know that the
Democratic agenda is dangerous to our political and economic health.  Yet, in
the past six years Republicans have expanded its worst aspects and called
them our own.  The Republican Party has not reduced the size of government. 
It has become big government's best friend.

If Ronald Reagan couldn't or wouldn't balance the budget, which
Republican leader on the horizon can we possibly expect to do so?  There is
no credibility left for the Republican Party as a force to reduce the size of
government.  That is the message of the Reagan years.

I conclude that one must look to other avenues if a successful effort is
ever to be achieved in reversing America's direction.

I therefore resign my membership in the Republican Party and enclose my
membership card.

(Written by Rep. Paul in March 1987)

And then Rep. Paul ran against  President Reagan's successor, not in the Republican primary but as a Libertarian in the 1988 general Election.  How loyal is Rep Paul? Not very.

Here is Rep. Paul attacking President Reagan on MSNBC (12/2/10):



2) He stands with Code Pink when it comes Foreign Policy

Isolationism works great in a pre-industrialized, pre-technological world.  As everything interconnects, there are only two foreign policy choices: Wilsonianism, (or neo-conservatism) which supports creating Democracies Overseas or Nixonianism (or Kissingerism) which negotiates with Dictators at the expense of their peoples.

During the last administration, Code Pink opposed Iraq; As did Rep. Paul and his Paulbots.

Rep Paul opposing Iraq (and Wilsonianism) on the House Floor



Code Pink attacks Secretary Rice


And as a Jew, I cannot stand that the Rep. Paul and his Paulbots act like President Obama in throwing Israel under the bus:

(From my friend Pamela Geller)


The US House of Representatives is now considering a government spending bill to fund the US government through the remainder of the year. Imagine that: when the world is teetering on the brink of major meltdown, the notorious anti-Jewish state hater, Ron Paul, wants to cut Israel off at the neck. His son is cut from the same anti-semitic cloth. I am no fan of these two imposters. Considering the billions and billions we send to our enemies, Paul wants to start with Israel?

The bill includes $3 billion in security assistance for Israel in addition to funding for Israel’s “Iron Dome” rocket defense system. Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) plans to offer an amendment that would eliminate Israel's security assistance. If this amendment were to prevail, Israel's aid would be stripped out of the bill.  

As a result, Israel would receive NO foreign aid for the remainder of fiscal year 2011.
The knave state is expected to save the world, bear the brunt of worldwide condemnation from cowards and quislings, and do it .....with no support. We will watch this vote and we will shame those who secretly support savages.

And here is more from Rep. Paul::
 
Paul: First off, [the Israelis are] under threat because we’re there. We’re a greater threat to them, and our polices, because they have assumed that we’ll [intervene] if they don’t do the right things for themselves.

Paul: I don’t know of anybody who can militarily threaten them. They have 300 nuclear weapons. Nobody’s gonna touch them. This notion that we have to support them over the Palestinians – we shouldn’t favor one over the other. It’s a very different problem over there. If you’re a Palestinian-American, you might not like [America's position on Israel]. I’m not saying you should support the Palestinian side or the Israeli side. I’m saying let them work it out.
So, Presidential candidate Ron Paul shares the same view of Israel as does President Obama (D-IL).  Thank you.

Now, let's hop in our TARDIS' to last Saturday:

After the Paul rally, the Straw poll opens at 9.  (If you have a State Party, keep this post in mind -- it can happen to you).

One of my friends forwarded me this email that s/he received from a Valerie.  Look at the bolded section:
----
"I'm not from Los Angeles, nor am I working with the official campaign there. I am just a volunteer  from
Indiana, working with Jun Dam and Grassroots for  Liberty.

"Long story short, about 70 straw poll tickets were inadvertently double booked. ..
"I wish Robert Vaughn would have just been upfront and told people that the tickets  were inadvertently double booked, instead of the suggestions of scams.  It sounds like there was way more turn-out than everyone anticipated, even accounting for the double booking, and things quickly got hectic."

And from someone I know on Facebook (Someone I thought was a friend -- long story):

Douglas Day you know they are paying people to come and vote for them in their straw polls?...that's why people like this are "winning",...a friend was paid $90 plus all entry fees expenses to go downtown today to vote for that idiot Ron Paul
----

If you have been reading the Valley for a while, you recognize Robert Vaughn from his lawsuit against RPLAC which I discussed here.  So, he has admittedly screwed up the CRP Conventions Straw Poll after trying to bring down RPLAC during Election 2010 -- how much can this guy get away with? 

I say, re-do the straw poll knowing that Rep. Paul's people cheated.  

The guy, Joe F., I told him the good things that the is within the Political world,. The Paulbots and Rep. Paul bring it dishonor.  

Re-do the CRP Straw Poll. 

My question: Why do Paul's people feel like they have to cheat to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...