Thursday, January 21, 2010

The 500th Post

The Valley got it's start in the middle of March 2006.

I was out of work at the time and dealing with a minor version of my depression. The title of the Blog came from a few things:

Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd;​ I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:​
He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth​ my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteous​ness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest​ a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest​ my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surel​y goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


The second version of the title came from my then view of the San Fernando Valley and the Hollywood movie and TV Industry, not knowing the jewels that lay within.

The third version came from when I got depressed, I was always in my "Valley of the Shadow,"

And, my hasn't it grown with fits and starts since 2006. This year I've had an Instalanche and a link from Gateway Pundit. The California Encyclicals has animated the LAGOP (Thank you Jane Barnett) to follow my ideas and the Republican Encyclicals (1, 2, 3) led to the Town Hall protests (Read them all, track it back and you'll know it's true).

Through the Valley, I got to meet and know a few people. Some by phone, some in real time. I count Jason Buckley, Aurora, Aaron Proctor, Robert Stacy McCain and Pam Geller as good people. Also through the Valley, I met Gary Aminoff and Matt Robbins. The Valley led to the idea of the fundraiser, which is ready to start once I get the call from the CRP or the LAGOP.

As I'm between jobs and the Valley is the sustenance I have right now, I am asking for a hit on the Tip Jar. For the 500th post, can we raise $500? Whether you donate $75, $150, $250, $350 or $500, I will be grateful for the help.

Please hit the Tip jar today!

And while I take the time and work on the Fundraiser, enjoy this video:


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...