Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Punk Meets The G-dfather (Debt Limit Edition)

If you ever heard the full album of Quadraphenia (album, not CD or iTunes), then you heard classic songs from a great band. I grew up hearing the scratches on the album.

And given the negotiation tactics of President Obama over the Debt Limit (set to expire on August 2), this song will do both justice.

First, here is the tune - enjoy it!





Now, who plays who?

The Punk: Speaker Boehner, Tea Party Caucus
The G-dfather: President Obama




Ready?

The Punk Meets the Godfather


PUNK:
You declared you would be three inches taller
You only became what the media told you.
Thought you were chasing a destiny calling
You only spent us into oblivion, didn't you?.
You partied and golfed as our people were starving,
Now you know that we blame you.
You tried to destroy the America that was hurting,
Now you know that we warned you.


G.F.:
I'm the guy in the sky
Flying high Flashing eyes
No surprise I told lies
I'm the guy with the Prompter
I'm the new President
But I grew and I spent
Don't you know? don't it show?
I'm the punk with the prompter.

Twooooo --- Thousaaaand  ---Twelve
Twoooo-- Thousand -Twelve! 


PUNK:
We tried to speak between lines of oration
You could only repeat what Andrew Sullivan told you.
Your policies belongs to the Ivy League nation,
They don't know that the public lost you.
You're watching news from 2008 trying to find the feelers,
You only see what you choose
We see the nakedness of the phony leaders
See the Elections we have won over you.


G.F.:
I'm the guy in the sky
Flying high Flashing eyes
No surprise I told lies
I'm the punk in the gutter
I'm the President
But I grew and I spent
Don't you know? don't it show?
I'm the punk with the prompter
G.F.
I always have to preach
I can't pretend that I can reach,
And yet I've lived your future out
By spending wages like a clown.
And on the dance floor broken glass,
The bloody faces slowly pass,
The protesters who create the rows,
It all belongs to me you know.



I hope you enjoyed the tune. 

My question: If you agree, write as a chorus from any Who song -- if you disagree, explain it as a chorus from any Quadropehnia song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...