Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Move WITHIN Los Angeles (thus First Post)

Sorry for dropping off there (I hope you hit my Tipjar when I was gone)
There is news on two fronts, the Southland Fundraiser and the next few posts (probably written tomorrow and thereafter).
First, I moved to the Miracle Mile (temporary jump) area of Los Angeles. 

During the 80's, I geeked out over a young Anthony Edwards and Mare Winningham falling in love and trying to stay together before the End of the World (all due to a mislaid Pay phone call on Wilshire).  Here is the trailer:


Now, the Southland Fundraiser.  There is a trinity of young activists (including me) who are working on this.  I'm going to hold my cards close here, but I have an assignment to do before it gets sold upriver to the BOLD NAME figures [i.e. You have read their name in the Newspapers].

The project is simple, find out who are the LA and OC Right political Bloggers (calling on RS McCain's knowledge on this), and then crunching some numbers and posts for a specific week.  (The week will be determined in the AM, the computer just woke up tonight). Write a report on who's who and what their numbers were. 

The Southland Fundraiser is on the 1st and 10, 15 yards to the goal. Now would be a good time to say a prayer.

The next few posts upcoming are:

1) The "so-called" Russia Spy scandal;

2) The NAACP's ignorance of their fellow Americans; and

3) How the movie Southland Tales is coming true to life. 

That's it.  I'm catching up on multiple emails and other things tonight.  Let's end with a song by Dead can Dance.  This song always brings me onto the dance floor at Ruin:




Free for all in the comments!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...