Friday, October 23, 2009

Shaking the Disease: 1, Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Dementat Prius

Karv, Todd, Dan, RS, Professor Jacobson, and Former Governor Palin,

If my earlier tale, The Plague Year showed Liberal Hypocrisy in regards to human suffering (and quiet Conservative goodness), these posts, Shaking the Disease is about Liberal Policies and the damage they cause to the general population Outside the Beltway (and possibly Inside the Beltway too).

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I am active partisan and I'm a Goth and I enjoy studying policy enough to understand that I want to work in a future Republican White House Chief of Staff's office (hint, hint), by way of working in a Think Tank, an LA/LD on the Hill or in a Lobbying firm.

My disease, which is Bipolar I, can be handled. I spent the Plague year learning how to control it. How does it work for me? (because everyone who gets it is an individual, different people handle it different ways)

1) Talk Therapy once a week. If I'm traveling for work or fun, I can postpone until the next week. We do have the invention of phones and emails to compensate.

2) Anti-depressants to keep me focused. Without it, I am all over the place. My mind is my most important tool. It helps me write, it helps me argue and it helps me put my ideas into reality.

So, why Shaking the Disease? Depeche Mode is a good band to hear, and this quote stands out:

And each chapter I will be quoting Latin. This one, Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Dementat Prius, means: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make insane. With creativity, unfortunately, comes madness.

So, by the tail end of the Plague year I knew how to fight my disease. I was ready to look for work again and then plan my way back to the Beltway.
Then, hello Government intervention to screw things up royally. And it was at the onset of Summer.
Next, Chapter 2 and donate to Hoffman at NY-23!


Bookmark and Share



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...