Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The San Diego Surfer

Please join in the Valley of the Shadow Annual Fundraiser. We are raising $7,700. Please hit the Tip Jar here to contribute. Thank you.
------------------------------------------
......is not me.

Last weekend, I went to San Diego for the third time. The first time was at 1996 Republican National Convention, the second time was at the 2004 California State Republican Convention, this time was I went unaffiliated.

It's been a while since I took a trip, but since I am planning something for the Fall (Announcement after July 4th -- Editor), so this trip allowed me to come full circle. Before I moved to California in 1999, I went to California solo in 1996. Even though I was in Orange County and Malibu with my Dad in High School for a short visit, San Diego brought me in.

This trip I stayed in the Little Italy section. Every day I was there, I ate a Filippo's Pizza Grotto -- the pasta and pizza was just like eating in New York. Yum. At night, I ate a The Fish Market and Kansas City BBQ (All 3 times, I've eaten there). I'm getting hungry thinking about those restaurants.

I only had one goal this trip: Learn to surf. Well, I learned. I got the balance. I got one knee up. The rest is in pictures. It was fun. Just because the waves beat me this time doesn't mean I won't try again. After the announcement, I'll figure out the next time. Mind you, I have gone skydiving, scuba diving and snarling. Losing 1 and getting 3 are pretty good odds.

If you want to see the pictures (and see me totally embarrassed), treat me to a slice of pizza. Until then, keep reading the Valley!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:26 PM PDT

    Where da pictures dude! I cant email you a slice of pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...