We are coming to the end of the year. Storms are still gathering, but the world moves forward. Here is the history of the first Thanksgiving.
What am I thankful for in this year of Our Lord, 2006?
1) My Family. After my Dad's death in 2003, my Mom, sister and I might not have a lot of money, but we did have a lot of love. Thank you.
2) My friends. This has been a trying year, friends and allies lost, Dreams dashed and deferred, and betrayals. True friends stand by you, not when the everything is for you, but when things are tough. Thank you.
3) My friends in DC. Some have known me over a decade, one I've met last year. They inhabit the lobbying firms, the House, and the White House. I worry about their positions after this election. But if I can help them the same way they help me, I would. Thank you.
4) The readers of this Blog. Without you, I would not be here. Also, props to Blogger, Blogspot, Google, and AdSense. Stay with me, it will grow some more. Thank you.
5) The USA and Israel. Two democracies standing firm in this world. I grew up in the greatest country on earth, with the greatest political, economic, and social system on earth. The best flattery is imitation and who better then the Jewish state? Sh'ma Yishrael and God Bless America.
6) And thank you for reading this.