Monday, October 01, 2012

Words of Wisdom from Da Tech Guy!

Sometimes, you just have to promote the words of another when they hit the same note you're trying to sing.

When it comes to dealing with "The Arab Street," the "Muslim Brotherhood," or "Hamas/Hezbollah,"  these words need to be said.

I'll shut up and let DTG say some words of wisdom:  

"When they came to America the various churches massed in various colonies and based upon their own level of tolerance for other religions, enacted laws restricting the practice of other religions until finally with the adoption of the Bill of Rights in the New constitution (1787) the principle of freedom of religion was firmly established as a national policy.

"We’ve had a few bumps as Catholics in Pennsylvania and Joseph Smith could tell you but by and large we’ve done an excellent job allowing people of any and all religions to practice as they please.

"Islam has been around for quite a while, as a Roman Catholic I see several things good about it, particularly its devotion to regular prayer which is the basis of any devotion to God.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to practice Islam in America. Worship God as you see fit.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to make public your practice, hold festivals, have parades, share cultural events, let your culture be part of ours as so many other cultures have before you.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to use all the freedoms promised to protect religious belief under the laws of the United States and of the individual states to make sure your right to worship is respected.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to make your best case for Islam, explain your religion, proselytize, I invite you to make the finest argument you can that Islam is the best way to get closest to God and to live a better life that you can, both in public and in private.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to make the case against my religion, any other religion or no religion at all. If you say Islam is truth explain why other religions are false or have it wrong in print, in media and on the net.

"As an American: I freely welcome you to attempt to convert people even a Catholic like me. Convert the entire United States if you can 


"BUT

"As an American...in...America In return I Demand the following:

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT prevent others from Worshiping G-d as they see fit

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT restrict the public practice of other religions, festivals or any other celebration or expression of any other religion.

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT violate the laws of the United States nor the individual States where you live in the practice of your religion.

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT prevent others from making the best case they can, in public or in private, for their religions or religious denominations, nor prevent others from making their case to follow no religion at all.

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT prevent others from making the case against Islam, for explaining the flaws in your belief and declaring that you have it wrong in print, in media or on the net.

"As an American: I say you MUST NOT prevent others from converting followers of Islam nor must you harm those who do. Islam must be able to stand on its own two feet;

...

"If you do otherwise:

"If you choose to practice and excuse things such as Honor Killing

"If you attempt to pass laws to restrict critique of Islam.

"If you attempt to silence the voices that would argue against you by physical action or vandalism

"If you commit violence against those who would preach another creed even in towns where you are the majority,

"If you attempt to slay those who would choose to leave Islam.

"If actively and material support those who would overthrow this nation and it’s laws or target America & Americans for slaughter.

"Then I say you have broken the compact of America, and I will fight you in word or deed to my dying breath.

"The choice is entirely yours."

As a Jew and an American, I feel everyone should practice (or not practice) supporting their Deity as they see fit. As a Jew, I know parts of Islam want to destroy the ONLY Jewish State in the world; As an American,  I know tolerance is a two way street.  I will tolerate the "Arab Street," of Islam when the Arab League tolerates the existence of Israel. 

And the way they treat women or those not of their faith....Why don't the Liberals stand up and say "This is wrong!"? 

My question: What do these words mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...