Sunday, May 04, 2008

Coming back with the 1-2-3 Meme

Please join in the Valley of the Shadow Annual Fundraiser. We are raising $7,700. Please hit the Tip Jar here to contribute. Thank you
-----------------------------------------
Sorry if I've been gone for a while, real life does intrude on the Virtual life. While I was away, Professor Douglas of American Power hit me up with a meme.

This is what the 123 meme is:

*Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
* Open the book to page 123.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the next three sentences.
* Tag five people

The book I am reading now is Pericles of Athens and the Birth of Democracy by Donald Kagan. I am reading Pericles to explore Wilsonianism to it's core beginning. Now the Meme:

"The most novel and interesting clause required both sides to submit any future grievances to binding arbitration. This seems to be the first appearance in history of an attempt to maintain perpetual peace through such a device. We are not told who proposed the idea, but it is tempting to attribute it to Pericles, the originator of many political and diplomatic innovations.
"Not all treaties are the same."


Whom do I tag?

Aurora, Chessnovice, Jason, Malcot and Allyn.

Have at it.

socialize it

2 comments:

  1. OK, OK, I'll get to this one after my most recent post has been up there for a while. I also want to pick just the right book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yawn, this is a lame meme I am out

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...