Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Living in L.A. (but not for long...)

I am getting started with my plans to move back to Washington, DC by August-September.

If you know a Conservative or Republican that is willing to hire me in the DC Beltway, I can move back sooner.

I can work in the campaign committees (NRSC, NRCC, RNC, RGA), partisan groups (Americans for Tax Reform [I plan to be at all the Wednesday morning meetings], Club for Growth), Think Tanks (Cato or Heritage), Magazines (Weekly Standard or National Review), Capitol Hill or work with Republican Lobbyists.

I accept all emails and comments on this subject.

Meanwhile, I am still in sunny Los Angeles. What things do I want to do before I leave here?

1. Visit the Reagan and Nixon Museums.
2. Hang out on The Standard's Rooftop bar
3. Eat at Musso and Frank's Grill and the Stinking Rose.
4. Upgrade my Laptop's memory and add Norton 360 to it before I take it East.
5. Swim at Zuma Beach.
6. Visit San Diego one last time.
7. Meet with the Chairman of the CRP, Ron Nehring.
8. Walk down the Venice Boardwalk.
9. See the Santa Monica Pier at Sunrise.
10. Start the first draft of my fiction book.
11. Continue Blogging, even when I move East.
12. Visit the Queen Mary.
13. Go to LACMA and the tar Pits and remember the movie, Miracle Mile.
14. One last walk down Rodeo Drive
15. Have a Big party before the move.
16. Make a list for Washington, DC after I arrive.


Bookmark and Share



5 comments:

  1. sounds like a very comprehensive list. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list...you have covered all of the basics

    I think Venice boardwalk and Santa Monica are two good choices. I do recommend the sunsets this time of year...they are so amazing.

    I have yet to eat at stinking rose, but I do like garlic, so I guess that means I would like it.

    As for #14 ..it's just a bunch of overpriced clothes that they sell in every major city. What is so great about that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke,

    Glad to see you on here (Cheers!) -- I didn't say anything about buying on Rodeo, just walking.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan Zimmermann10:02 AM PDT

    JSF, most interesting list. I am inclined to agree with Brooke about Rodeo Drive. It is one of the places I should have avoided on my last trip to L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:29 PM PDT

    It is an interesting list. Seeing the sunrise is the most beautiful thing to behold. Going to all the different museums are a learning experience and you can enjoy that too. Well walking down Rodeo Drive you can people watch.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...