Please join in the Valley of the Shadow Annual Fundraiser. We are raising $7,700. Please hit the Tip Jar here to contribute. Thank you.
Happy Thanksgiving! Here is a history of the first Thanksgiving. Every year I post, I will find a picture of a President pardoning a Turkey. Some of what I wrote below came from last year, some are different. I hope you enjoy reading this.
What am I thankful for in the Year of Our Lord, 2007:
1) My Family. After my Dad's death in 2003, my Mom, sister and I might not have a lot of money, but we did have a lot of love. And I want to congratulate my sister and her fiancee on their upcoming wedding. They are two great people who deserve years of happiness. Thank you.
2) My friends. I can't ask for any more loyal friends. You guys put up with my change of plans (Instead of Burbank to DC it is Burbank to the Valley). Thank you for being there.
3) My friends in DC. It is a rough time for the Republicans and Conservatives, don't worry. There is a longer game than just one election; I'm playing the Long Game on winning majorities and keeping them. The book is slowly being written. Thank you.
4) My Blog friends. Aurora, Jason, Chess, and Malcot. Your comments breathe life into these staid posts. Argue, discuss, and hopefully we will all share a beer together. Also, I want to thank Ann Althouse and Michelle Malkin to linking to two posts here in the Valley. Thank you.
5) The readers of this Blog. Without you, I would not be here. Also, props to Blogger, Blogspot, Google, and AdSense. Stay with me, it will grow some more. Thank you.
6) The USA and Israel. Two democracies standing firm in this world. I grew up in the greatest country on earth, with the greatest political, economic, and social system on earth. The best flattery is imitation and who better then the Jewish state? Sh'ma Yishrael and God Bless America.
7) And thank you for reading this.