Sunday, February 03, 2013

G-dspeed Mayor Koch

"How'm I doin?" 



I grew up in a New York that was falling apart.

Before Mayor Giuliani came onto the scene, Ed Koch went after the corruption in his own Party, then helped clean up New York City.  



Long after their terms have faded away, everyone will remember Giuliani and Koch, not Bloomberg or Dinkins.  

Why?


Attitude. 

It comes with the food and the activity in the city of my birth.  The reason I don't care about social issues comes down to this:




If you can do the job, I don't care about your social life. Period.  I don't care about your color, creed, religion or what you did in your past, just get things done -- that was Koch. And that's me today. 

Yes, this hard core Conservative Republican, Social Libertarian, Goth from LA will miss the Mayor who made New York a better place. 



Mayor Koch, wherever you are -- you did a kick ass job.

"If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist." -- Mayor Koch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...