"What's this?" she said and that's what I'm saying now regarding Senator Lieberman's primary of next Tuesday.
To recap, the New York Times backed Lamont and the Washington Post backed the incumbent. This argument is between Democrats and it's all about how far to defend the Iraq War.
What bothers me, is of all the Democratic Senators to primary, the Daily Kos picked the only Jew who supports Israel and Bush. When I hear a Jew on the radio deriding that "He's too far to the right," Isn't the purpose of the Senate but a place to provide comity from partisanship? Don't believe me? Remember the gang of 14?
If you read the earlier post, Anti-semitism is rising on the left. Let me repeat that: Anti-semitism is rising on the left. If Lieberman falls, here is what the Democrats can expect:
- The Connecticut Senate goes Republican thus repeating D'amato 1980 or Moynihan '76, both of New York.
- Bi-partisanship dies in the Senate (The House runs on majority rule).
- The younger Jews will turn away from the Democrats
- Pro-Israeli Democrats will turn Republican.
- And the Democrats will turn into a modern John Birch society -- isolationist and Anti-Semitic.