Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Musical Interlude....

Last night, I hung out with my friend Toni who took me to see the LA Philharmonic at
the Walt Disney Concert Hall. I heard two Beethoven pieces and a new piece by Anders Hillborg.

I heard Beethoven's Symphonies 8 and 5. The last time I saw classical music live was when I was in Junior High during a class trip to Lincoln Center. Now, I love rock music, blues, Jazz and techno, but I forgot how, in the hands of a Master Composer, music can flow and live.

Some Saturday nights, I visit a Goth club where some bands play. In the midst of that music, you can hear the hints of the Old Masters (occasionally, it can show in a Moby or Blue Man Group piece). Growing up in NYC, you learn how to appreciate Art.

If you haven't noticed the paintings on this Blog, take a look. What makes Delacroix my favorite painter is his passion. If you learn nothing else from this piece, understand:
Passion + Creativity + Audience = Art

Back to the Valley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...