The Democrats of 2010's fight for the New Deal (80 years old), the War on Poverty (49 years old) and for Trains (Started in America in 1869 or 144 years ago!). It is well known that the Democrats are the Oldest Political Party in existence, but too many of their Tribal members act like unhappy Old fogies rather then debaters or futurists.
Modern Democrats are the Party of "No Fun," You want examples? I got lots!
1. Mayor Bloomberg ruling on soft drinks even though it is not his concern;
2. Here in LA, clubs close at 2:30 AM and when it was put up to a vote in the (Democratic) Assembly or the (all Democratic) City Council, it fails;
3. Warning labels on things we already know that's bad for us -- who, since 1965, does not know that Cigarettes are bad for you? Anyone?
4. Paper or Plastic? It depends on what type of Moon is out for the California Assembly to ban one or the other;
5. The Global Warming hysteria -- Don't build technology, don't fly, don't drive cars or weeza all gonna die! (Except the rules are exempt from those who want to "stop," global warming by flying to conferences around the world in warm places)
What did Peter Fonda say in the Wild Angels?
We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.
Now, the Modern Democrats act like an Edward Gorey Victorian:
|Oh my! We can't let people have choices!|
Like the citizens in Pre-Revolutionary France, the Leaders party and the public cannot enter the People's House. Blame the Sequester all you want, but a true "Party of the People," would find a way for the White House to be opened to the public.
They have not.
And to maintain the Democrat's hold on Power, they have used Federal Agencies in the way to make the Republican and Tea Parties arguments (future post).
Do we really trust Democrats and their bureaucracies when they have to know where you stand politically first? McCarthy is dead! Long live McCarthyism (see Conservatives in Hollywood, Blacklist)!
Wm. F. Buckley was right!
While the Democrat's party with the Press, the people are rising.
|The French storming the Bastille or Americans in the near future?|
My question: Why do Democrat's claim to be for "the people" and then act like Pre-Revolutionary French Aristocrats when in power?