Sunday, June 17, 2012

Missing My Dad on Father's Day

Yeah, it's Fathers Day -- and I still miss my Dad.

Until I get a scanner (for laptop and desktop), I cannot post any pictures of him yet.

I always called him "O'dad," and he always picked my brain about "What the fuck was going on in Capitol Hill?"  

He went from being a Pentagon Guy to being a Hippie to being a friend of lobbyists so that, in the end, he would always say he was in the "I don't give a shit party,"  In other words, if Dems or Reps did something to help his business, he was happy.

My dad and I would always go fishing off Brooklyn and in St. Croix -- whether I had sea sickness or not, he would cheer me on to get the fish.  For him, fishing was his Zen Time. At my age of 41, I understand.

My Zen Times are walking down La Brea or hanging out on the Terrace of the Monte Cristo.

Silence + Thinking = Zen Moment

OK, before I leave this post, here is a song for my O'dad -- I still miss him


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...