Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Return and Resurrection: Support the Valley's Favorite Charities this season

Pesach is upon us and Easter is coming. Two holidays that talk of rebirth and renewal.

When I was Bar Mitzvahed at the Western Wall, I met a Rebbe who knew my Nana from the same in the Old Country (Formerly Russia, now Ukraine); That was in 1983. At the Wall, I read the first three Chapters of Exodus. It is the story of a large family going home. Moses, Aaron and G-d lead the way.

I am also friends with many people who celebrate Easter, which is the tale of Jesus (the Christian's messiah) who comes back to life to give a message of Love and understanding.

Unlike other Bloggers, I stand for what I believe in and fight for the cause. Someone asks me how I feel about an issue I tell them (Hint: NOT a Social Conservative, but like them all the same). Why thread the needle when you are a Political Blogger? I don't backstab my colleagues in the Blogosphere or in the partisan trenches. (I'm talking to you David Frum) Loyalty is the first rule of Politics.

Because I follow my beliefs, I am pleased to ask my readers to contribute to these two charities:

1) Freedom House - They support the concept of Democracy Overseas. I supported this concept when I was a Democrat. I was very pleased when President Bush took up the cause. So, please, donate to Freedom House

OR:

2) Fisher House - Families of wounded soldiers come here and they comfort their sons or daughters who have been wounded. I found out about Fisher House in 2001 and I am pleased of the work they do. Please donate to Fisher House.

My question: What charities do you support? And did you donate to either?


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...