Friday, March 17, 2006

Delacroix post #1

In 1830, Eugene Delacroix painted Liberty leading the People. It's vision of revolutionary vigor proved too much for the French Government, that the painting was bought, not to be displayed. Until the reign of Napoleon III, the public could not view it. Delacroix is my favorite painter; I will try once a week to publish his painting and try to bring some culture to this blog. Since I am just getting my feet wet this week on How to Write a Blog, this painting is for my entertainment as well as yours. Hopefully, I will stand with Liberty (Delacroix painted himself on the upper left from Liberty) as I venture into the political waters. Please join me as we venture forward. And, of course, enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Valley! Please comment about the post and keep to the subject.

There is only one person (JSF) keeping track of comments, so as long as what you write is civil and close to the purpose of the post, you will see it.

Keep this in mind: Politics should not be Personal; then you have a place here.

Write! History will remember your words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...